Week 3 begins tonight with Washington State at UNLV (sorry Rutgers, I know you played last night, and congrats on a W).
But the real excitement for stripedshirt are 2 BIG match ups. As a Boston College alum, I’d love to see Michigan State tear apart Notre Dame. And as a Texan (even as a UT fan) it was fun to watch A&M tire out Florida last week. Even though they won in the end, the Gators had to fight hard, and Tennessee is out for blood, or at least not to make it 8 losses in a row to Florida. There’s also Alabama Arkansas, and I’d love to see Ohio State look a little more confident – or comfortable- beating Cal tomorrow!
Who else to watch? Well out west, all talk is usually on USC, but they have a big fight against Stanford and UCLA looked pretty awesome beating Nebraska last week. In the Big 12, the Longhorns go to Ole Miss in what will be a PRETTY game (watch the ladies in the stands, Sourthern Belle football at its best). And holy Kansas State – they scored 103 points in their first 2 games, keep watching them (even with a relatively easy game this week against N.Texas. Their real proving point is next week v. Oklahoma)
For Big 10, I think Michigan will finally get some redemption after Alabama took it to em and they barely beat Air Force. The BRIGHT YELLOW (gross) Wolverines play UMass this week. The Minutemen want to prove they are ready for Big Time College Football, and Victor Cruz as an alumni aside, I don’t think they are. Can’t be too tough on UMass tho, my own BC, 1 win against Maine, so we’ll see what happens when they meet up with Northwestern tomorrow – very nervous Eagle here!
We are READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL, bring it on week 3!
Oh, and, here’s the latest look at the stripedshirt poll – the 23 of 25 colors we have for week 3’s AP top 25 (so nice to see UT and OSU back in the list!):
1. Alabama – red and white
2. USC – cardinal and gold
3. LSU – purple and white (I know, supposed to be yellow)
4. Oregon – green and white (I know, supposed to be yellow)
5. Oklahoma – red and white
6. Florida State – garnet and gold
7. Georgia – red and black
8. S. Carolina – red and black
9. W. Virginia – blue and gold
10. Michigan State – green and white
11. Clemson – orange and white (but it is dark orange, and not purple)
12. Ohio State – red and gray
13. Virginia Tech – don’t have
14. Texas – dark orange and white
15. Kansas State – purple and white
16. TCU – purple and white
17. Michigan – maize and blue
18. Florida – blue and orange
19. Louisville – red and black
20. Notre Dame – blue and yellow
21. Stanford – cardinal and white
22. UCLA – don’t have
23. Tennessee – orange and white (but it is dark orange)
24. Arizona – red and blue
25. BYU – navy and white (I know, supposed to be tan)